Monday, May 20, 2013

Conclusion

The process of designing an online gallery and exhibit is a delightful experience. Completing this task is not as simple as picking the first ten images one can think of and writing a lack-luster response. As the curator, a person has to think deeply about how all images connect and flow together, and one must draw powerful connections between each piece. For example, I started with an image that wasn't necessarily related to death because the image was primarily concerned with life, but I chose that image to make the audience realize that death is the opposite of life. Life and death go hand and hand, and they are dependent on each other. By doing this, I enhanced the audiences understanding and set them up for the following nine images. For me, the whole process came naturally. I have a relatively easy time choosing images, organizing images, and making connections to a common subject. However, acquiring background information and understanding the history of works is a harder task for me. This reality is likely due to the fact that I am not an avid historian, but I am an avid artist and designer. Overall, being a curator is an interesting occupation. I enjoy the process of organizing and connecting the works. As an intended art major, this is a process I would undoubtedly adore doing again.

1 comment:

  1. Titanium Cartridge - Titanium-Arts
    This is the "Titanium Cartridge" for titanium flat iron all items how to get titanium white octane you need. A "Titanium titanium price Cartridge" made by Titanium Artisan Artisan titanium strength in a stainless steel titanium pipe finish.

    ReplyDelete